|I recommend it to
everyone who writes.
LINDA LAEL MILLER
author of eight NY Times bestsellers
|The best there is.
Emmy winner, Academy Award nominee for Eyewitness
What You Need to Know Before You Take an Online Writing Course
You may have never had a writing course or even if you have, you may not be sure what to look for. The one thing you don't want to do is to waste a lot of money, time, and effort to learn you've taken the wrong course. That can be an expensive lesson in many ways. In poor courses, you not only don't master the skills you need but there's a good chance you'll develop bad habits that you will have to unlearn before you can begin working on the skills you do need.
The right guidance and coaching is the single most critical factor if you want to be a successful writer but it's not the only one.
Here are the things you need to consider before you sign up for an online writing course. These are the things you must get if you're going to develop the skills you need in the least amount of time and have the most pleasure doing it:
- COURSE LENGTH. A course that will provide personal coaching and guidance for an entire year while you write your novel, screenplay, stage play, memoir, or nonfiction book.
- RESULTS. An experienced writing coach with a proven track record of producing successful, prizewinning writers. (Click here for student successes and endorsements). With this course there are no substitute coaches. That means none of your work is handed down to a variety of instructors, students, English majors, and aspiring writers who, while well meaning, have little coaching skills and no proven track record of successes. With The Complete Story, you're coached exclusively by Jerry Cleaver, master writing coach and author of the worldwide best-selling book, Immediate Fiction (St. Martin's Press).
- RESPONSE TIME. When it comest to personal, one-on-one coaching, online courses can take two to three weeks to respond. Jerry responds in only one week.
- AVAILABILITY. Help when you're stuck. You need to be able to get the help you need when you need it. The Story Help line is part of The Complete Story. You can email or call and get the help you need the same day.
- CONTINUITY. The course must be set up so that you can move forward without waiting for a response. Many courses, intentionally or unintentionally, foster a dependency so you don't feel confident to go forward before getting feedback. The Complete Story is set up so that you develop the skills and confidence you need to move on as soon as you've completed one of the steps. The goal of The Complete Story is to give you the independent skills you need so that in the end you can coach yourself and the only editor you need is one who pays you.
- GUARANTEE. You have an entire month to write as much as you want and get all the one-on-one, personal coaching from Jerry that you need so you will know exactly you're getting and how much.
- COURSE SAMPLE. You should be able to experience the style and substance of course without committing yourself to anything. You can. Just click on: SAMPLE THE COURSE
- TALK TO JERRY IN PERSON. Call anytime and talk to Jerry at 800-219-1114.